TSR 5 Technically Specified Rubber
TSR 5, also known as Technically Specified Rubber 5, is a form of block rubber produced by crushing, cleaning, and drying solid rubber. This grade of rubber sees its production limited to only a few producers worldwide, constraining the options for potential users. Consequently, it's recommended to explore suitable alternatives for this grade. A notable example is the TSR L offered by Oriental Rubber Products.
Different rubber-producing nations have their own TSR standards, all of which align with the international ISO standard. For instance, Thailand uses the STR (Standard Thai Rubber) symbol, while Indonesia and Malaysia employ the SIR (Standard Indonesia Rubber) and SMR (Standard Malaysia Rubber) symbols, respectively.
Benefits & Features of TSR 5:
- Low Mill Shrinkage: One of TSR 5's standout characteristics is its reduced shrinkage during the milling process. This trait ensures that rubber products retain their original shape and size during manufacturing, making it invaluable for precision-based applications.
- Good Tack and Strength Properties: Beyond its flexibility, TSR-5 is renowned for its impressive strength and tackiness, meaning products crafted from this rubber grade offer superior grip and are less prone to wear and tear.
Applications of TSR 5:
- Extruded Products: The uniform texture and limited mill shrinkage of TSR-5 positions it as a top pick for extrusion processes, especially when consistency and precision are paramount.
- Automotive Components: Owing to its innate strength and resilience, TSR-5 serves as an ideal choice for manufacturing components within the automotive sector, ensuring prolonged durability and trustworthiness.
- Adhesives: The natural adhesive properties of TSR-5 facilitate its usage in creating robust and enduring glues and binders.
- Plant Linings: Due to its sturdiness and resistance, TSR-5 is apt for plant linings, especially in environments where chemical exposure or physical abrasion is a concern.
- Brake Seals: In the automotive safety domain, the superior strength and wear resistance of TSR-5 rubber make it a go-to material for brake seals, ensuring maximum efficiency and security.
TSR 5 Specifications
|Characteristic (TSR 5)||Thailand (STR 5)||Indonesia (SIR 5)||Vietnam (SVR 5)||Malaysia(SMR 5)|
|Dirt content on 44u aperture, max %wt||0.04||0.05||0.05||0.05|
|Ash content, max %wt||0.60||0.50||0.60||0.60|
|Nitrogen, max % wt||0.60||0.60||0.60||0.60|
|Volatile matter, max %wt||0.80||0.80||0.80||0.80|
|Wallace rapid plasticity (Po), min||30||30||30||30|
|Plasticity retention index (PRI), min %||60||70||60||60|
Download the Technical Data Sheet for TSR 5.
For an in-depth exploration of TSR 5, its benefits, and other natural rubber products, please contact the expert team at Oriental Rubber Products.